The 2020 US Canine Biathlon has been postponed to August 28-30, 2020.

Defer your registration to the 2021 Biathlon

Please fill out the form below to defer your registration to the 2021 Biathlon. If you are deferring, you must fill out this form. Deferment requests made by email or Facebook message may not be processed.

Deferments may be made up until race day.

Official statement on the 2020 US Canine Biathlon postponement:

Hello Biathlon Family,

We are sure you are aware of the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We have been monitoring the situation closely and have been in close communication with Calhoun County officials. To prevent further spread of the virus, Calhoun County officials have advised the postponement of all gatherings of over 50 people. We have decided it is in the best interests of our attendees and staff to follow the direction of County officials and postpone the 2020 US Canine Biathlon.

The 2020 US Canine Biathlon will now be held August 28-30, 2020. All registrations for the May Biathlon will be honored for the new date. If you are not able to attend the event, you will be given the option to defer your registration to 2021, or donate your registration fee to the Biathlon.

Postponing the event is something we do not take lightly, as we know there are competitors coming from all across the continental United States, and we understand that many of you make your travel plans months—or years—in advance to come to the US Canine Biathlon. However, the health and safety of Biathlon participants takes precedent over everything, and we are acting accordingly. We hope by announcing this postponement as soon as possible you will have ample time to make new travel arrangements.

We are also aware that COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus, and ask that anyone displaying symptoms of the Coronavirus do not attend the event, even if your symptoms are mild. We are expecting thousands of people and dogs at the event, including people in high-risk populations who may experience severe symptoms. For a full list of symptoms, we suggest consulting these resources from the Centers for Disease Control website.

About COVID-19:

CDC information on the virus:

We will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep you up to date on any impact the event may have on the Biathlon. We thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you all this August.

Thank you,

The US Canine Biathlon Team